I think I can finally, FINALLY say that I have broken through the evil, horrible Plateau! I was hesitant to write this until I was sure but about two weeks of actual weight loss leads me to believe I can finally celebrate. I have broken through the 12.6 lbs. wall, and I am now rocking 15.6 lbs of weight loss.
I never thought I would be so excited about 3 lbs, but considering how long it took me to get there I am ECSTATIC!
I got the good, bad, and ugly of my breaking through the plateau, but First! here’s some numbers:
- Weight Lost: 15.6 lbs. down
- Avg. Loss Per Week: 0.867 lbs. (That Plateau really killed my average. If I continue on this pace 23 weeks from my wedding, I will only lose another 20 lbs. Which would put me 4.4 lbs off my goal. Not terrible, but I obviously want to hit my goal well before my wedding for fitting purposes so time to get moving!!!!)
- BMI: 25.9 ( So close to the 18.5-24.9 “normal” weight range I can taste it. It tastes like water and lettuce, btw.)
- Inches lost: I can’t find my measurements from Kleinfeld’s so as soon as I do I will let you know!!!
- The weather here in Jersey has been GORGEOUS, and I have been putting in the miles! I started a Run Keeper training program running for weight loss. The first week is just running a certain amount of time, but then it starts with intervals, temps, and eventually even a fartlek thrown in for good measure along with those regular old runs. I also have the pupperoo doing at least 3 miles of walking everyday, and I will throw in some intervals with him so I have been using the beautiful NJ weather to my advantage.
- I also broke the medicine ball and weights out for some spot training with the Nike Training Club app. I haven’t seen any like major results, but I have been doing this for about 10 minutes so let’s see.
- So the eating is going not great. I have wonderful days, particularly week days, where I stay happily satiated while remaining in my points. But the weekends have been tough. Last weekend, B’s parents came up and we went out every night. We went to see the Yankees. The beers were flowing, the pounds were added. Luckily, they came off again pretty quickly, but so far my diet has not been nearly as under control.
- Why do I take pictures of me sweaty, with no make up like it is a good idea?
So fifteen pounds down, what’s different?
I still honestly don’t feel like much is different. I notice a little bit more change, particularly in my stomach. Sometimes I think I look much thinner in my face, but other times not so much. But now that I have broken through the plateau, nearing another tens, and dangerously close to my 20 lb milestone, my attitude is way different. I feel like I can really do it. I want to exercise all the time. I want to drink water. I am starting to crave fresh greens because I know they are getting me to where I want to go.